Unpainted Sukhoi Su-30MKA with Russian markings (102, as well 101) before delivery; Zhukovskyi air base, November 2007.
Sukhoi Su-30MKA with both Russian and algerian markings [224 and KF-22] as seen on Zhukovskyi air base in November 2007, short before delivery to Algeria.
Camouflage on drawing is partially (right side of fuselage, fin is OK) hipothetical.
The same Su-30MKA as above. Algeria, May 2008.
- Algerian Su-30MKA are generally based on Indian Su-30MKI (not Malaysian Su-30MKM!), but don't have Israelian avionics, replaced by Russian and French (Thales, Damocles, Navflir). They have a thrust vectoring engines Saturn AL-31FP.
- Contract for 28 x Su-30MKA (and 36 x MiG-29SMT/UBT and 16 x Jak-130) was signed in February 2006. Deliveries started in 12.2007 (two + two). Aircrafts were assembled by specialists from IAZ (Irkutskiy Aviatsyonniy Zavod = Irkutsk Aircraft Factory, part of IAPO and Irkut Corporation) and in January 2008 flown by two test-pilots from IAZ. End of March 2008 next two were delivered, end of May 2008 - another two and so on...
- In May 2008 two Su-30MKA are transfered to Zhukovskiy, where Algerian pilots will be trained.
- Since end of the year 2007 Algeria has one air-tanker IL-78 (s.n. 7T-WIS) used to air-refueling (357e Escadron de Revitaillement en Vol from the 7e Escadre de Transport Tactique et de Revitaillement en Vol at Boufarik).
- 2008: aircrafts before painting and delivery have numbers: 47 (later renumbered to 247), 48 (later (248), 241, 249.
- 9 and 13 November 2008: next two Su-30MKA were delivered from Irkutsk to Algeria, on board of the An-124 transport plane
- May 2010: algerian Su-30MKA are fully operational, including in-flight refueling.
May 2010. Please note that some aircrafts have overall grey painting. Four-digit numbers on tail fins (probably that numbers are assigned to 1st [41..] and 2nd squadron [42..]).
May 2010. More accurate drawing of the Su-30MKA #KF-24, four-digit numbers on tail fins: 4105.